Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dr. Visits galore

Yesterday we saw the ENT. Crew's tonsillectomy was a success and his tubes look good. I had a nice visit with the Dr. about what this "progressive hearing loss" might mean for our future. I love going to The Lodge for appointments. It's only 1/2 mile away instead of the usual 30-60 minute drive. I took the walker and Crew loved "crewsin" around. When it was time to go home he threw a fit. Then, I drove him down to Walmart so he could practice navigating his walker. Taking the walker out in public is a post for another day.

Today was Opthalmology. We made the trek to the Childrens Hospital. In the waiting room I met a mother and her quadruplets! Whoa, that is so amazing. The quads are 4 years old and look great.

The eye appointment went well and Dr. whats-his-name gave a good report. The eyes are straight. Yeah! I updated him on the hearing loss and asked if he thought Crew was eligible for a deaf/blind intervener. He agreed that it would be to Crew's benefit to get one. He dictated a letter regarding the vision loss which I should receive in a week. I don't know what will come of it but its worth a try;) Thanks Lisa for helping me get tough!

Tomorrow..... Physical Therapy and Audiology for Crewman. Chiropractor for me:)

5 comments:

  1. Doctor appointments in BULK!
    Glad all is going well! Enjoy the chiropractor tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a productive day!! I am so glad you may be able to get an intervener for Crew! What exactly does an intervener do? Jack is vision impaired -- but his hearing to our knowledge is okay. I'd be interested in learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, my darling. I am so sorry that life can suck.

    My prayers are with you and your little boy.

    I sure love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're awesome Mel. You really are.
    I nominated you for the Thinking Blogger Award. You can read about it on my blog.
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome... one busy momma! Crew is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)