Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Random Thoughts and WhatNots

Here are some random thoughts from one who loves random posts:)

1. This year we purchased new Christmas lights. DH is a big advocate of the energy efficient LED lights and so we never buy the cheap bulbs anymore. These new lights are suppose to be 98% more efficient. We were so excited about it! We hung them up and waited until dark to enjoy our Christmas display only to discover the lights aren't really that bright at all. Very dim. Big disappointment. Well duh, of course they're more efficient...

2. Last week I ran into an old boyfriend. Fourteen years ago our relationship ended on good terms. He broke off the relationship after it became clear that my parents had some "major issues" with us getting married. I was heartbroken and so was he but it just wasn't going to work out... It was really neat seeing him again. He just got married about 3 years ago. He is happily married and has an adorable little girl.

3. We still don't know where we're going for Thanksgiving. It doesn't bother me but I think it bothers the extended family. We don't really have the reputation for being big event planners. We kind of just go with the flow. It's probably rude not to make a commitment. What do you think?

4. The boys are all geared up for skiing this year. We found a place that rents the skis for the whole season. You take them home and keep them. Use them as much as you want and return them in April. We decided to take this route for S and H as they are growing so much. DH got all his ski gear new for his birthday. I'm the only one without the gear. I've been bidding for skis on Ebay for weeks but haven't been able to win anything yet. Tightwad!


5. I spent some time with Crew at preschool today. When I arrived he was playing with the Discovery Toys Zip Track Rally. He loves it! I am so excited about it and thrilled that I've finally found something he likes. I think I'll drop a note to Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)