Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Full-Body Shiver

We've all experienced it at one time or another.... the full body shiver. You know, the involuntary body shudder. It's just a moment in time when your body convulses in an almost fear-like representation of something you didn't experience, something that bypassed your consciousness and went straight into your nervous system. Sometimes referred to as the heebie jeebies.

Today, I slapped myself on the hand and promised myself that today I would consciously make an effort to feed something nutritious to the boys. No cheese quesadillas today. No more ramen noodles.

We are producing tons of zucchini in the garden. I've made zucchini bread and tin-foil dinners with zucchini. The bread was a hit! Today for lunch, more zucchini. H is the one that takes after his mother. A fan of cookies, candy, chocolate, potato chips.... you get the idea. H also loves playing with friends. At lunch I dished up his lasagna and zucchini and made the announcement that friends would not be allowed unless the zucchini was eaten.

After polishing off the lasagna, H looked at the zucchini and experienced the "full-body shiver". I started laughing and reminded him of his friends. So he scooped up the zucchini and shoveled it in, chewed it up and spit it in the garbage. "That doesn't count", I told him. In tears he made his second attempt to eat a piece of zucchini turned around and vomited all over the kitchen floor.

Isn't motherhood rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)