Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School, Scouts and SignLanguage

Well H had his first day of school on Monday! H loves his new teacher and said she is the nicest teacher ever.... even more nice than his 1st and 2nd grade teachers and thats really saying something:) Unfortunately, he feels like he's in a class with all the mean boys in school. I asked him if he wanted me to move him to another class and he said, "No, because he loves his teacher!". Well hopefully he'll make some new friends and he plans to catch up with his old pals at recess.

It looks like my three kids will each have their own separate "FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL". S has missed the first two days because he is sick. He is so bummed. Nobody wants to miss the first day of class! He still has a cough but his fever is gone so I don't think he is contagious. We will try it tomorrow. Wednesday is our short day anyway!

Tomorrow night is back to school night for my little preschooler. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this year will be a good experience for him.... AND FOR ME!

Tonight we had our first pack meeting in over 3 months. H earned his Bobcat and S earned his Webelos badge and his swimming and citizenship belt loops. I'm frustrated because some of the leaders don't consider Scouting a priority and don't plan to put their own boys through the program. WHAT???

At Pack Meeting the boys were shooting model helicopters up into the sky and Crew and I were watching and he looked up in the sky and signed "AIRPLANE". The Signing Time videos are paying off:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)