Sunday, April 27, 2008

Southern Utah Getaway


My big sis, Sheri, had some work to do in Southern Utah and I tagged along. It was great to get away without children and do something for myself.

We drove down on Thursday and she worked for a few hours. We decided to go to dinner with her co-worker, who recommended a family owned Hawaiian Restaurant but for some reason it was closed. We decided to try a new place in town called "Orleans Cafe". When the menu came we were surprised at the prices and the menu led me to believe that the portions would be large... so Sheri and I decided to share an entree'. I'm so wishing I had my camera there so I could have taken a picture. Our $22.00 meal came and there were 5 shrimp, some veggies and a small piece of garlic bread. LOL. We left that place starving:) I was really glad that we split it because the food totally wasn't worth the money and I would've been mad at myself if I had spent that much.

A couple hours later, Sheri and I went to Chiles because what we really wanted was to share a plate of fajitas. We ordered it "to go" and told the cashier we were so grateful to get some "real food" because we had just been to dinner and were still hungry. She was so cute- gave us free drinks while we waited and extra tortillas to go with our fajitas. Ah, I'll have to say I enjoyed every single bite while watching TV in our hotel room. I'm not a TV watcher but I did enjoy the time in front of the tube.. eating good food and enjoying time away.
On Friday morning we found a fun park with a paved trail. After I dropped Sheri off at work I changed into running clothes and took a little run. Its been months since I've gotten outside to run and I loved every minute of it. The scenery was beautiful with a little river running alongside the trail, waterfalls, and gorgeous red rock. The trail was 2 miles up and 2 miles back with little hills here and there.
Later in the day we spent several hours hiking in Snow Canyon. I had never been there before and I loved it. The weather was perfect and it felt really great to get out moving. I think Sheri wanted to do another four mile hike but at that point I was getting tired. We checked out the Tuachan Amphitheatre but there wasn't anything playing at the time and added it to our list of things to do next time.
The rest of our trip was spent at the outlets and IKEA. I loved every minute of our getaway and will definitely be doing it again... and I'm not waiting another 15 years:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)