Saturday, April 05, 2008

Great Analogy

I'm not sure how I found this blogger but her writings are real and inspirational. I like Cindy because she is an optimist but not afraid to blog about her struggles. She tells it like it is and has an insight and wisdom far beyond her years. I love this analogy about "The People on My Bus".

On my blog I write about my kids and do more than my fair share of whining. I do try to find the good in the situation and it helps me remember to appreciate all that I have. However, like most bloggers, there is also the other side of the story and it is "nearly always" to private to share... so I just keep pluggin' along. I'm thankful for HOPE which is the one thing that keeps me from giving up.

I too have a bus...

My bus carries the judgemental therapist, all-knowing doctors, ecclesiastical leaders, the compassionate neighbor, my life long friend, dramatic story teller, hypochondriac, and the healer. I love the realization I've come to tonight that its true... it doesn't matter who rides the bus- rather who sits behind the wheel.

I enjoyed 4 hours of General Conference today. The talks were uplifting and gave me much needed strength and insight, a great reminder to turn the wheel over to the Lord and "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)