Saturday, January 13, 2007

Spelling Bee

S spelled his way to the school spelling bee. This is his second year to participate. S is really smart and self-motivated. I've been so thankful for that because it is one less thing to worry about. For the past week or so we've been practicing the words and he has kind of struggled with some of them. I've been drilling the Beginning words with him and we didn't feel like he was ready to move on to the Intermediate words so we didn't study the Intermediate or Advanced words.

I've been so worried that S would get out on the first or second round and praying that he would do okay!

Well, on Friday I went to the school and watched as S outspelled over 25 kids. He came home with a 3rd Place trophy and a spot on the District level Spelling Bee.

I don't know who is more proud, S or myself!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:56 AM

    Congrats to S!! That's awesome! Have y'all seen "Akeela and the Bee"? Great spelling bee movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is WONDERFUL.

    I am proud for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! That is so awesome! You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:19 PM

    That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:05 PM

    That's my boy S. You are as smart as your mom. I remember tensley sitting through Spelling Bees when your mom was in them. I know S always does his best. I am so so proud of S.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)