Thursday, January 04, 2007

100 THINGS ABOUT ME!

I can't believe I finally made it! I reached my 100th post! I started blogging to keep some of the less informed family and friends updated on Crew's achievements, milestones and struggles and also to have a record, or journal. It didn't take me long to figure out that the majority of my readers would be unknown bloggers floating through this blogosphere. I've enjoyed getting to know all of you and appreciate you sharing thoughts and ideas with me. Blogging has become my outlet, my therapy. I've written this as a celebration of 100 posts!

100 Things about Me

1. I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
2. I was born the 3rd child of Seven.
3. I was the first child in our family born in the hospital. The oldest was born at home and the second one in the car.
4. I don't remember anything about it. LOL.
5. My first memory is at age 2 1/2.
6. I got my finger stuck under the big heavy church doors. My mother, not knowing that my hand was stuck, quickly yanked me up tearing off my birdie finger.
7. Luckily, the doctor was able to sew it back on.
8. Fortunately, I don't remember it.
9. What I do remember is wearing a cast from my finger tips to my elbow and using the cast to hit my brother over the head. That is my earliest memory.
10. My finger still works. LOL.
11. At school, I was a quiet kid.
12. At home I was obnoxious.
13. I did well in school.
14. I’ve been accused of being teachers pet.
15. In High School I ran track.
16. I was best at the 400M.
17. I broke the school record.
18. Someone else broke my record two weeks later.
19. I’ve never broken a bone.
20. I’ve never had lobster.
21. I don’t really want to.
22. I like breaded shrimp.
23. I like Sizzler.
24. My sister works there.
25. She brings me lots of shrimp.
26. My first real job was cashier at the local grocery store.
27. I worked there for 7 years.
28. I paid my way through college.
29. I lived on a farm for 18 years.
30. We worked a lot.
31. I find physical work rewarding.
32. I like summer.
33. I like the smell of fresh cut grass.
34. I like gardening.
35. We raised rabbits and pigs.
36. My mom fed us rabbit meat.
37. We didn’t know.
38. We didn’t ask.
39. I like pork better.
40. I’ve never felt a closeness or bond with an animal.
41. I wonder why?
42. My boys want to get a dog or a cat.
43. They like animals.
44. I like flowers. Dogs and flowerbeds don’t mix.
45. I’m not much of a swimmer. I could save my own life but not yours.
46. I’m a ½ foot shorter than two of my sisters.
47. I weigh the same as I did when I got married.
48. My shape is different though.
49. I’ve given birth 3 times… One emergency induction, one natural (no epidural) and one emergency C-section.
50. I’ve been parasailing.
51. I’ve been bungee jumping.
52. I like to hike.
53. I like camp fires.
54. I like boating.
55. I like to ski. Water & Snow.
56. I think reading novels is relaxing.
57. I am currently not reading anything. I haven’t had time recently.
58. I teach 8 and 9 year old scouts.
59. I hung the Christmas lights by myself this year.
60. I hate being put on the spot and I don’t like confrontation.
61. I earned a bachelors degree in Business Finance.
62. I was a true Aggie. Once a true Aggie, always a true Aggie. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then don’t worry about it.
63. I slept in a snow cave as a youngster. It was about 10 or 20 below zero.
64. I don’t like the cold. In the Winter, I turn into a hermit.
65. I drive a van and am proud of it!
66. I have dreams that my “Crewser” will walk. I dream that he can talk.
67. I don’t watch much TV. However, I am looking forward to watching “LOST”. Where are you “Lost”? I’m Lost without you!
68. My birthday is in February. I want to celebrate it in June. February is cold!
69. I like being a mom.
70. I collect children’s books.
71. I like a clean house but am learning that a lot of things are more important than a clean house.
72. I’m a morning person. However, the 4:00 am morning rituals started by DS #3 are wearing me out. I use to get up and go walking every morning at 5:30 but he ruined that program.
73. I like to go running with DS#1. I should do it more often.
74. During a trip to the Bahamas my DH and I were stung by a school of jellyfish. We were snorkeling when DH had a huge jellyfish wrap around his neck. He had red marks across his neck and chest. I had red burn marks on my arms.
75. My DH and I built our first house. We did the framing, roofing, finish work, masonry, painting, and more.
76. My favorite part was shingling and hanging the rock on the outside of our home.
77. I hated scaling the trusses. It was January and we had to melt the ice off before we could get up there. DH was on a business trip so my little brother came and we put the sheeting on the roof together.
78. We sold the house 3 years later and the new owners have trashed it.
79. I drink DIET COKE!
80. I love comfort foods like donuts, bread, potato chips.
81. I like to cook but have really been slacking in that area for awhile now. When we first got married DH taught me how to cook meat. During the Summer I use the grill almost everyday.
82. I don’t like to sew. I get frustrated because I can’t visualize. I have to get help from DH. DH is more domestic than I am.
83. I’m trying to learn sign language. I’ve been working on teaching Crew the same 10 signs for two years now and we’re not getting anywhere. It’s discouraging. Maybe if it was paying off, I could get excited about it.
84. I don’t feel like the same person that I was 3 years ago… before I became the mother of a special needs child.
85. I never thought I’d be on this path.
86. I am more compassionate than I use to be.
87. My favorite flower is the Daisy.
88. I’m learning how to can. I don’t understand why it’s called “canning” because most people use bottles.
89. I work at a golf course yet I’ve never been golfing.
90. As a child I learned to Ice Skate on the river bottoms behind our farm.
91. The first thing I learned to drive was an old Jeep with a sprinkler trailer hooked on.
92. I like bright colors.
93. Today I was pulled over because my plates expired in September. LOL. I had no idea. In fact, my registration was up-to-date but I forgot to put on the little sticker.
94. I’m done having children :(
95. I want to take my kids to Disneyworld like TXMommy but I’ll settle for Disneyland.
96. I want to take the boys to see Old Faithful.
97. I like riding 4-wheelers.
98. I wish for my DH to drive a nice truck instead of our beater Mazda but I don’t want another payment.
99. I think about money to much!
100. I want to get a manicure.

Oh this is fun!

11 comments:

  1. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:42 PM

    - I'm still cringing from the finger getting yanked off!!! Poor baby!!
    - Daisy is my favorite too!
    - I'm done having kids also. :(
    - I, sadly, don't weight the same as I did when I got married.
    GREAT POST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:53 PM

    LOL @ "canning!" I've wondered the SAME thing!
    You filled this full of wonderful facts! Thanks for sharing your world with us! :)
    Who says you have to celebrate your birthday ON your birthday!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:00 PM

    Yikes! Your mother must have felt awful about your finger - - you poor, poor thing!!! I got my son's neck caught in a zipper on his sweatshirt today and I cried more than he did!!

    We thought we were done having kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:55 PM

    I don't think you can ever feel the same after having a special needs child. I feel like I am so much older mentally than I am actually.

    I am a huge fan of Lost too! I have both seasons on DVD and can't wait for it to start back up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel-

    I think you're great.

    I feel different too.

    I too, never thought I would be "here" and I am learning that it is not so bad. (Either that or I am getting used to it)

    I hated framing. That was the WORST part for me, and I too loved doing the rock, and even the tiling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you weigh the same as when you got married?! That's WAY better than going to Disneyworld :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was fun to read! I'm also still cringing at the finger story. Eeeww!

    I also like daisies, reading, and was a quiet kid at school. I've never been golfing, either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was awesome... I'll be doing mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:05 PM

    Well, you sound like you are more willing to take risks than me. But then again, I find it stressful walking across the room and could not be persuaded to bungee jump.

    I do love children's books as I took a job Intro to Reading for Elementary Teacher's. My instructor was always sharing books. Though I switched majors, I gained a love for the books. :)

    It is fun to read your list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel, we should hang. I love LOST and I collect childrens books. My favorite flowers are the blackeyed susan and the daisy. I love to garden...if you get a small dog like a shiz-tzu, they don't like the garden. I ordered a Rose-of-Sharon bush this week.

    When I talk my dh into buying me a 4-wheeler, we will have to visit Little Sahara together.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)