Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mileage, Motivation and Bravery

This morning I walked my normal 3 miles with hills. My friend and I go at 5:30 am. I am not motivated enough to do this on my own so I love it that she is willing to drag out of bed and into the cold with me. The time goes by fast because I talk a lot and she is a great listener:) I can't tell you how much I appreciate good friends. It seems that for me anyway, good friends are hard to come by. I am making a mental note to not blab on and on about myself and remember to listen more. I use to be a great listener and would always get complimented on being "a good listener". I don't know what it is.... maybe I'm just starving for some adult conversation, which is why I'm also starving for more comments. He he.

After taking the boys to school, I hauled Crew off to the hospital for his regular lab work. Just checking to see if his valproic acid levels are where they need to be. I asked for my favorite phlebotomist and he came right out. I wish you all could see how brave Crew is. He only flinched a bit when they stuck him with the needle. He moves his little face down by his arm, about 4 inches away from the needle and watches them draw the blood. He watches the whole time, doesn't squirm or cry. I'm such a wimp because when they draw my blood, I look away.

I drove him to preschool today because of the appointment. We got there a little late and as he was walking down the hall to his class the teachers would stop and say, "Hi Crew". Then an aide ran down the hall and announced to Crew's teacher, "Crew is here"! Teacher poked her head out the door to say HI and as she was watching he accidentally bumped into the wall. Miss S said, "Uh Oh" and then Crew started giggling and laughing really hard. He walked into the classroom and said, "HI" in his loudest sing songy voice. I couldn't help to think that what he really wanted to say was, "I'm here now... Let the party begin"!

After school, I took S and H to THE LAKE. H took his bike and S and I ran around the lake. It's been too long since we've been running and so it was a lot of running with a little walking mixed in. The path around the lake is almost 5 miles so that brought my mileage for the day up to 8 miles. It would be great if I was more regular about the running thing. I think I might actually have a chance if I wasn't lacking motivation. And when the cold weather hits my excuse list increases:)

I actually talked myself into going to Round Table meeting tonight. I should've been going all along but well... you know. There was loads of information and ideas to use in my Den Meetings. One of the scout leaders there looked so familiar... like I had just seen him today. I even knew his name, "Don", but couldn't figure out where I saw him and talked to him. It was really bugging me all night and then as I was leaving I saw him again and it came to me. He was the phlebotomist that took Crew's blood this morning. Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)