Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mango Salsa

DH and I made Mango Salsa tonight! I tasted it for the first time last summer at park days. My friend, Kristen, brought some. I've tried a couple different mango salsa recipes, but this is my favorite. So, I finally asked her for the recipe. It's so fun to make and so yummy! Carl cut up the mango and papaya and I did the rest. I used a Pampered Chef chopper thingy to chop up the fruit. Crew gets so excited when I use the chopper. I think he likes loud noises. Is anybody surprised? Anyway, here's the recipe:

1 C mango diced
3/4 C papaya diced
1/2 C chopped pineapple
1/4 C diced red bell pepper
1/4 C diced green bell pepper
1/2 C diced green apple
1 T cilantro
2 T rice vinegar
4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Mix all ingredients, chill and serve with tortilla chips, or over fish and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love Mango Salsa, I'll have to try your recipe when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Yum. I just bought some mango's now I have something to do with them (on sale at K)

    Hope you are doin well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum. I just bought some mango's now I have something to do with them (on sale at K)

    Hope you are doin well!

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)