Wednesday, June 07, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things.....


I am just so thankful for this little guy. I've been thinking a lot about it lately. Crew brings such a sweet spirit into our home. His brothers are so cute with him. They are good at making him laugh. He loves to watch everything they do. He would follow them around all day if he could. Lately, Crew hasn't been as content to sit around. He wants to be mobile. I spend as much time as I can walking him around but it is so hard. I have to bend over and walk with him in his walker or with him holding my hands. It doesn't sound like that big of deal but after awhile my back starts to ache. However, I shouldn't complain. I am so thrilled that he is motivated to move around because every little step he takes is a step forward.

When he's not on the go, Crew loves to sit and play with his stuffed animals. I have never had a kid that loved stuffed animals so much. He holds them close to his face and changes his voice to this high pitched jibber jabber. He talks to the stuffed animals and kisses each one of them on the nose. He just loves it. It melts my heart to see him play so cute. The little cow in the picture has been with him since the NICU. Aunt P bought it for him and placed it in his isolette. He hasn't really played with it much until this week. I wish I had a picture of him in the NICU with his cow. Bummer! I wasn't digital back then:( Also, he loves the cars. I've blogged about this before. This isn't something new in our family. These cars have been around along time. S & H have been collecting them since they were wee little. They play with them for hours and hours. Crew usually watches them but has recently been getting his fair share.

Crew had therapy today! We messed around with the walker, adjusting and stuff. We had to raise it up a couple of notches because he was starting to hunch over. I didn't realize he had grown so much. I guess I should listen when people keep telling me that his is getting so much bigger. Also, we were able to get new lenses for his glasses today. I am hoping to take better care of them this time. It seems like they get scratched so easily.

S has been so cute with little C lately. Sometimes he gets him out of bed and plays with him before calling for me. Today he got Crew up from his nap and put him in his chair. He got out a tray and filled it with toys - then proceeded to play with him for quite sometime. He is great! Having a little brother with special needs has been a blessing for S & H. They are learning so much and so am I!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mel, I think that is great. It has been the same for our family. The kids have done and learned so much from having Ethan around.

    Crew looks just beautiful with his things and I think it is great that he loves his toys and to play with them.

    There is a specail spirit in the house. Isn't there. I love that.

    We got a "pony" walker today.

    *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)