Monday, August 04, 2008

Happy Birthday Patriece

I believe one of the greatest gifts of my childhood was be given ONE true friend. Someone who gave me reason to believe in myself, someone who treasured those same morals and values that I did, someone who I could trust. Friendship like that is hard to find but I think my Heavenly Father knew I needed it. What a blessing it has been in my life.

At one point in High School my father expressed concern for my small circle of friends which included four or five other girls. I didn't agree with him then and still believe today that ONE true friend is way more valuable than numerous sorta-friends. True friendship is a gift that cannot be taken for granted.

Check out the first photo and laugh if you want to. I'll be the first to admit that I was tomboy through and through. Look at me in my turtleneck and big brothers hand-me-down pants with sloppy socks. I had no hair skills and was extremely shy. Patriece in her cute springy outfit and an air of confidence. Hmmm... I wonder what time of year this was taken- winter or spring? LOL.

(Second photo)- Girls Choice. Wipe that grin off your face:) I blocked out the boys 'cause they are irrelevant. LOL.
Patriece and I have been friends for over 30 years. Do you know how much that means to me?

I've never had a problem remembering birthdays and the fact that I have a son who shares a birthday with my childhood friend makes it all the more special. Wishing you a great day, Patriece!

QUOTES THAT I LIKE:

"True friends are always together in spirit."By Lucy Maud Montgomery

"Nations will rise and fall. Wars will be lost and won. Lives will begin and end, but a true friend is eternal."By Jon Koroluk

"Don't pity the girl with one true friend. Envy her. Pity the girl with just a thousand acquaintances."By Katie Obenchain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)