Friday, February 08, 2008

Opinionated People

If there is one thing that I really tire of it is people who think they know it all! Now these are the "know it all" people that claim to be experts in all areas. Don't get me wrong... I am more than willing to seek advice from someone when their experience or education gives them that knowledge. Personally, I am quite willing to look at other points of view even when I have strong opinions. Then I usually say something like "That's interesting.... I've never thought of it that way" and let it go. Surprisingly, the past little while I'll actually go out on a limb and flat out disagree but only when I am sure I know what I am talking about.

I've had experiences in my past where I've let others' opinions change some of my life altering decisions... and it sucks! Consequently, it makes me a bit testy and as I get older, I am less and less tolerant of those who think they "know it all". So when Crew's respite worker, who wears a size 24 (and weighs twice as much as I do), told me that exercising on an empty stomach will ruin my metabolism, it was all I could do to turn around and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)