Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas in the Car

The title of the last post has been driving me crazy so I thought I'd quickly pop in. Thank you to all of you for the supportive thoughts and comments. It means a lot to me to know that we have our own little cheering section. The therapy is going a lot better. We had minimal tears today. I can already see that Crew is stronger and his tall kneel is looking better. I think his trunk support is improving too:) He really is doing well in the cages but doesn't really like his suit. He knows when the suit goes on he is going to have to work and work. I will have to take notes and share with you how his four hour daily therapy is broken down. Also, I have more pictures to post later when I'm not in such a rush.

I've had oodles of time to think about this Christmas season as I've been traveling back and forth. Also, I've enjoyed reading some of your Christmas memories, your traditions, expectations. Yesterday, in church we talked about what gift we might give our Savior this holiday season. Many suggestions were given and I know what it is I need to do to show him my love and appreciation. I have these internal struggles to let go of past hurts and to rise above. Oh, and it is so much easier said than done. It is my greatest desire to forgive and forget, be a little kinder... more loving, yet I continue to have these battles and there are days when I really do not like this situation I am in. However, I do know that life goes on and there really is a light at the end of the tunnel.
My oldest son keeps asking me what he can get me for Christmas and I say, "Good kids and a clean house"... (I stole that one from you Kristen). S is so tired of my answer and now he asks me what he can buy me for Christmas. Again, I tell him that he cannot buy me anything... that I just want him to treat his brothers kindly and be the best he can be.

Truly, there is nothing greater than peace and love and happiness in the home. Money cannot buy those most treasured gifts and I so I want to give of myself and overcome these obstacles.
In an odd sort of way, I'm thankful for the many hours I've spent in the car with Christmas carols playing. Crew and I have had some quality time together singing and munching on cheetos. I've also been thrilled to hear some new words escape his lips and watch as Crew develops his own method of communication with me. Oh, and I've learned that when I see his arms waving in my rearview mirror it means he wants another cheeto:) Love that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)