Sunday, June 29, 2008

Twelve Years

Carl and I were able to get away for a night to celebrate our twelfth anniversary. Some of our friends told us about the homestead resort and we decided to give it a try. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to leave the kids with Grandma where we didn't have to worry and we could just relax.


The resort has a Crater limestone rock shaped like a beehive on the edge of their property. Nature has hollowed out the rock and it is filled with 95 degree spring water. We were able to swim inside the crater. I think Carl would have preferred to do the scuba diving class.... maybe next time. He's certified but unfortunately I'm not a big underwater fan. I guess I'm just chicken. lol.
When I called to make the reservation I asked about their smaller rooms and they placed us in one of their "Historical" Rooms. We were in the upper room in their "Milk House". Hmmm... I don't think that's what we really expected. Everything was decorated like Grandma's house. The light switches were outside the rooms just like the old home I grew up in and the bathroom sink was a pedestal sink that was low enough it probably hit Carl at the knees:) Fortunately, it was modern enough to have a TV and all the amenities we needed. I thought it was kind of fun in an old-fashioned way.
We thought it was odd that they had this bunny on the bed. Later I noticed they had the same bunny for sale in their gift shop so I wondered if they put the same bunny on the bed in all rooms or if we were just special because we got to stay in the Milk House. LOL.
Thanks to my hubby for letting me spend a half-day at the outlets too! It takes a pretty patient guy to spend time shopping for clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)