Monday, June 11, 2012

Grandpa's barn

 Grandpa has been working for years to clean up his farm.  This farm is not only where my 6 siblings and I grew up but also my dad and his 6 siblings.  This barn has a lot of memories but was becoming somewhat of a hazard.  My dad decided it was time for it to come down.  The local fire department was scheduled to come out on a Saturday morning and do a controlled burn.
 Because boys like trucks and fire, I knew this was something that would make Crew happy.  We were about 15 minutes late getting there so we missed getting a before picture.  Half of the barn went down before I could get out of the car.  Dad used a little diesel to speed things up..
The volunteers could see how happy this bright red truck made Crew so they were more than happy to let him sit in the front seat.  They turned on the siren which he LOVED.  I was actually considering asking our local fire department if Crew could ride with them for the 4th of  July parade until they honked the horn a few times and that did him in.  He really tried to be brave but the noise was a little to low on the bananagram for his liking.

As a child this barn housed over 1000 rabbits which I was responsible to feed daily.  A few years later when dad was done with the rabbit business it housed mama pigs and their babies.  Once again it was my job to feed and clean up the mess.  I will never forget the smell!

Goodbye old barn!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Crew

    My name is Jenna. You are a brave courageous fighter. you are a special miracle from god, a gift from above, earthly angel,and you are a smilen hero. You are full of happiness, life, smiles, joy, fun,love, and spunk.

    I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 other medical conditions, and developmental delays.

    I wrote this poem

    Each of us are Special

    Each of us different,

    No one is the same

    Each of are us are unique in our own way,

    Those of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

    Those who of us who have challenges, we smile through our day.

    It doesn't matter what others say

    we are special anyway.

    What is forty feet and sings? the school chior
    http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)