Thursday, September 24, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

It's been two years since we've been to Powell. We've been looking forward to it all summer. I thought it odd that we waited all summer to go and then 3 days after school started I pulled my kids out for a vacation. Well, that is the week we had for our houseboat so there you go!

This year we didn't take a powerboat. Instead we had 3 wave runners. This was great for taking the kids out on short rides. Taking the wave runners out in the main channel during the day was crazy. It was so choppy, therefore a really rough ride. Carl and Crew went out for a long explore and Crew fell asleep. He loved every minute of those rides but it sure did wear him out.

Lake Powell is great for just taking it easy. The weather was perfect... not too hot or cold.

One of our favorite things to do is sleep out under the stars on the top of the houseboat. One night we had a few raindrops but other than that it was perfect.




The boys loved fishing this year. There's nothing like sitting on the back deck hour after hour... at least that's what they say:)



Keeping Crew entertained was quite the physical undertaking. He either wanted to be riding the wave runner, swimming, hiking or eating junk food. By the time we came home I was ready for another chiropractor treatment. This is due partly to the lack of running, packing Crew, and sleeping on a crappy foam mattress. I cringe even typing the word "mattress" because it really doesn't qualify as that. Sheesh, I must really be getting old.




Great water temps. I crammed in my long run (17 miles) the night before we left. I knew I wouldn't have a chance to run there so my jogging belt became my friend once again. I got in the water a couple different times and ran and ran until I was extremely bored. You really don't go very fast or far when deep water running.
Crew seemed to be a little more comfortable in the water with his dad. Daddy's boy!




Hunter knee boarding in the main channel. Crazy kid!




Oops... don't forget to go home with a picture of myself! This is the only one;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)