Monday, September 15, 2008

Random Weekend Happenings

It's been years (like 15) since I've hiked to the Wind Caves in Logan Canyon. Saturday, we decided to take the older boys and find the caves. The hike was great. It took us about 50 minutes to get up the 1.8 mile trail where we climbed approximately 1000 feet. Ouch! The view from the top was magnificent. We had a late start on Saturday morning and so it was mid-day when we finally made it to the top. We were happy to find out there was a nice breeze in the caves which makes sense since the caves were formed from wind and water. The trek down the trail went much faster but sure did beat up my knees. On the way down we passed a gentleman with a prosthetic leg. That sure did stop the silent complaints in my head. What an inspiration!

Later, we met up with Ken and Kristen where they took us for a refreshing boat ride on Hyrum Reservoir. Crew is all about the boat ride! Wow, I think that kid would be content living on the water! Unfortunately, I don't believe he will get another chance for a boat ride until next summer.

Also, on Saturday we cooked up a fine Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler in our backyard fire pit. We were exhausted at that point! I'm not sure why we decided to cram so many activities into one day but the cobbler was delicious... it was definitely worth it in the end. I can't wait to try some new recipes.

Finally, Sunday morning I was surprised when the Bishop released me from my 3-year Cub Scout calling.... which I've loved. Instead, I was called as a Relief Society teacher. Yikes! Talk about yanking someone out of their comfort zone:) My first lesson is this Sunday and I am waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy nervous!

I'm loving the weather here. Today I walk/ran a total of 11 miles. Isn't it great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)