Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Boston Strong

I can't believe it was a year ago today!!!  I checked one off my bucket list... ran the Boston Marathon.  What a huge accomplishment for me and a life changing experience.  The fans in Boston are amazing!  I laughed and cried for 26.2 miles as they cheered exuberantly for all athletes.  With my name written on each shoulder there was never a dull moment as they cheered for me by name.   Hearing them call out "Mel" as I passed gave me the motivation to get to the finish line.  It wasn't my best race in terms of performance but I savored every mile. 

The race course in Boston is a beautiful place to run with historical sights and traditional perks like running through the Wellesley College Scream Tunnel.  With fans stacked up 6 people deep from the start to the finish, I realized that what makes Boston so unique are the spectators.

Within a short time of finishing the race we watched as everything fell apart.  I still remember standing only a block away watching emergency vehicles race past and wondering what had just happened.  Then being taken in by some of the locals.. watching it on TV... feeling numb.

Without a doubt, I know that my Heavenly Father kept me out of harms way.  I am grateful that I was able to return to my boys unharmed.  I am grateful the Boston Marathon will continue.  What an inspiration it is to see those who were affected prevail.  Boston is filled with a great people who love their tradition.  Boston will Stay Strong!


1 comment:

  1. Boston Marathon is as strong as it's runners. So glad you could be one of them and return unharmed.

    ReplyDelete

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)