Wednesday, October 29, 2008

RUN FOR AMBER

My most recent blog posts are becoming few and far between. There are many reasons for this (life is busy). However, the truth is that when I sit down to write I feel as if our day to day happenings are somewhat insignificant. These feelings stem from watching a friend as she battles Inflammatory Breast Cancer. My heart hurts for Amber and I'm sure I am one of many who feels a sense of helplessness. Amber and Dan have been great examples to Carl and I as we've gotten to know them since moving here. Amber, mother of 5, has fought valiantly for the past 18 months. I'm excited to participate in a charity run this Saturday to show support to Amber and her family.

Carl is running the 5K with me this time and S hopes to (he's nursing a sprained ankle). One detail that I haven't ironed out yet... what to do with Crew.

I hope the turn out is significant. Whether you know Amber or not, come run to support the fight against breast cancer. If you're not in the area, you can leave a message to Amber on her blog. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts and WhatNots are welcome here:)